Muse India Translation Awards 2017
Last date for submissions: Jul 31, 2017
Muse India (www.museindia.com) is a leading literary web journal that showcases Indian Writing in English and regional literatures of India in English translation. The journal is widely respected for its thematic coverage and distinguished panel of Contributing Editors from all over India. Established in 2005 by a group of writers, it has a membership base of around 9000 from well over 50 countries and attracts close to 20000 visits to its site every month.
Muse India is happy to announce Muse India – Satish Verma Translation Awards 2017 to be given to outstanding works of translation from any Indian language into English. One award will be for translation of poetry and one for fiction. The past winners of the translation award are Ranjit Hoskote and Mustansir Dalvi.
Submissions are now invited from authors, translators and publishers for consideration of the awards for 2017.
The Awards will carry a Certificate and cash prize of Rs. 15,000 (Rs Fifteen thousand only) in each category – poetry and fiction – to be shared between the writer of the original (if living) and the translator. The Runners up will be given Certificates.
The main objectives of the award are to recognize exceptional literary merit in translation, and effort to bring outstanding works of Indian languages – classics or contemporary - to a wider audience.
- Entries must be books published in English (only hard copies). They should be English translation of a publication in any Indian language.
- Books of any creative literary genre (poetry, short fiction, novel, plays etc) may be submitted for consideration of the award. Books of Non-fiction will not be eligible.
- Books published during Aug 2015 to Jul 2017 (two-year period) can be submitted.
- Author should be an Indian citizen - Resident or Non-Resident.
- E-Books published by reputed publishers will also be eligible. However, printed copies of the book must be submitted, along with complete details of the Publisher.
- Self-published books or self-published E-books are not eligible.
- The following must be submitted:
- 3 copies of the book (More copies may be required later if the book is short-listed for the award).
- Detailed bio-notes/profiles of the original author and translator, along with photos.
- Consent of the original author (if living) to the translated work.
- Contact phone number and email address of the translator.
LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION
Submissions should reach Muse India at the address given below by: Jul 31, 2017.
A distinguished panel of judges comprising writers, scholars and Muse India editors will assess the entries and select the award winners.
FOR FURTHER DETAILS CONTACT:
Managing Editor, Muse India
Flat No. 207, MARUTI VILLE GREEN APARTMENTS
Behind Ratnadeep Supermarket, Vikrampuri
Secunderabad, Telangana 500009.
emails- MngEd@museindia.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone- +91 98483 45490.